GBE is committed to ensuring your personal details are kept strictly confidential. By providing GBE with your details you are giving us permission to contact you regarding your business criteria or with information that we believe will be of value to you.
By registering on the GBE website you agree to the following conditions:
- Any information provided by GBE (The Agent) is on a confidential basis and we agree not to disclose it to any other parties.
- We agree not to speak to the owners or the staff of the businesses unless the Agent makes an appointment and we will negotiate the terms of purchase only through the Agent.
- We agree that GBE has introduced us to the nominated businesses and we agree that we will not affect in any way the payment of commission to the Agent. We agree that any further businesses requested are subject to these conditions.
- In the event we buy a business which the Agent has introduced (via this website or through other means) we undertake to make all deposit funds payable to the appropriate GBE offices Trust Account.
- Should we request the agent to provide or research details on any other business for which an agency agreement has not yet been signed then we will ensure that the purchase price includes the agents commission at a figure agreed between the agent and the vendor, otherwise we will not proceed with the purchase.
- In the event that we approach and purchase a business introduced to us through this website, without using the Agent, we hereby agree to pay the Agent the commission otherwise due to it by the Vendor. NB. All businesses viewed on this site are able to be matched to registered purchasers/vendors.
Your online security
We protect the security of the data you send us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser.
However, despite all reasonable security precautions and processes, such as password protection, encryption technology, and use of firewall technology, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal details, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our site, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will take commercially reasonable precautions to protect its security on our systems.
How we use your information
GBE undertakes to treat your personal information in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
Protecting your privacy is important to GBE. We are committed to keeping your personal information confidential. By ensuring that you are aware of and understand the GBE Terms & Conditions, we can provide you with better service. Please take a moment to read the following to learn how we handle your personal information.
We will never trade, sell, knowingly share or otherwise pass your personal information to a third party for commercial use.
GBE is committed to:
maintaining confidentiality of customer information protecting privacy of customers, and treating customer information responsibly
GBE collects and uses your personal information to give you a personalised customer experience, to provide you with convenient access to our services, and to make a wider range available to you. In addition, we use your personal information to keep you up to date on the latest listings and other information we think you’d like to hear about.
We may from time to time email news on our special offers, features and services. You can opt out of any such communication from GBE. Please contact us.
Collection of statistical and survey data
GBE may collect non-identifiable, statistical information regarding the pages you visit on our site. We may from time to time conduct Customer Surveys with regard to customer satisfaction, purchasing and demographics. Identifiable information is not requested. Surveys help us improve our service.
If you have any questions about GBE or these Terms & Conditions, do contact us.
Customer IP addresses may be used incidentally to help diagnose problems with our server or for administrative purposes. IP addresses may be used to gather broad demographic data on customer traffic patterns and site usage.
This information is used internally only and assists us in developing this site in line with customer requirements, and in providing a personalised customer experience.
Cookies are identifiers placed on a recipient computer’s hard drive via a visiting browser. Cookies simply make it possible to personalise your view of our site on return visits.
Transfer of ownership
In the event of a merger, consolidation, or sale or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of GBE, one of the assets which is commonly transferred to the purchasing or new entity is the information we collect from our customers and store in our customer database.